Sunday, October 2, 2016

Blog One: The first post

ABOUT ME:
I am enrolled into the class BA 223: Principles of Marketing, and I chose to take this class as a substitute to for Figure Drawing, which is a requirement for my degree. I am finishing up my last term to earn my Associates in Visual Communications and felt this would help me understand how to market and grow my personal brand that I had developed last year. I am excited to learn about creating strategies and learning how to use social media to help me grow in business and have been always interested in advertising and am eager to learn more about it. I am very passionate about anything creative and love making things. Whether that be a painting, a song, a print, creating new characters, and almost anything that falls in between. I also love enjoying what others make, especially music. I am listening to music almost any chance I get and am always happy to find new and different music.



NEWS:
AT&T building niche streaming network. Scouring the internet for a relevant article I stumbled upon this gem on adage.com. It discusses AT&T's new streaming network called VRV. Do I know what it stands for, not a clue, but what they are doing is interesting. What they are doing is amassing large groups of popular channels on YouTube that they feel cater all to a similar audience and having them make exclusive content. This content of course accessed through a paid subscription. Essentially like YouTube Red. What they are doing different though is narrowing down the options. They are making contracts with content creators that they feel have "fans with overlapping interests like anime, video games and caustic humor." Some of these channels include Rooster Teeth, College Humor, Cartoon Hangover and Crunchy roll. I am interested to see how well this works because although most of these channels to have subscriber who pay for videos a large part of there fan base watch their free content. I think being able to offer these channels not only as individuals but also in bundles is a great idea which might help persuade there fans to start paying, but as with everything only time can truly tell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment